Line yourself up for an exciting introductory day exploring the potential of fused glass for items for your home! There are endless possibilities, and we have lots of moulds to shape your glass creations once they are fired too.
All materials and firings are included in the price of the day course. No previous experience is necessary. This course is for adults over the age of 16 years. Working with fused glass is an adventure in colour, no previous experience is needed, just a willingness to play! Due to the need for social distancing, we now limit the size of our courses to a maximum of 4 students at a time with the added benefit of more 1:1 attention during the day.
Perhaps you would like to make a bowl or dish? Oval, round or square? Large or small? And maybe a set of coasters? Or perhaps a candle bridge for nightlights? Or maybe a wall piece? Or colourful images to hang on the wall or in your window playing with the light reflective qualities of glass? We let you choose!
During the day we will cover:
- Cutting glass safely and confidently using a range of specialised glass cutters and pliers
- Cutting and combine compatible fused glass to achieve lots of interesting decorative effects
- Compatibility of the various fused glass ranges available (i.e. what is COE?)
- Creating simple designs using a rainbow of different coloured glass. We allow you the freedom to choose what you would like to make. (You will be allocated a space in the kiln on which to fire your day's creations!)
- How to use fibreboard, frit, stringers, glass bobbles, mica, copper inclusiong or creating bubbles in your glass, and how to apply them
- Choosing moulds, cutting glass appropriately to size, and how slump firings work
- Kiln firing temperatures, and important health and safety information should you decide to pursue your new hobby further!
- Learn where to buy supplies and kilns if you catch the fusing glass bug!
Following the course, we will fully fuse your glass (and slump your pieces if you want us to) and you can either collect them later in the week from the studio or they can be posted to you (Royal Mail - "signed for" for £15 including P+P in the UK only).
A great day out for singles, couples, families, friends, Hen Parties, or just because it's high time you explored your own fledgling creativity and "had a go" at something new!
Please note: this course takes place in a working glass studio and not a classroom setting, so participants need to be able and prepared to stand to cut and prepare glass, and to work standing at benches. (Stools are available in between times). If you have any questions regarding mobility, please make contact via the "contact" page. Thank you.