Making your own fused glass Christmas Decorations is fun! Come along to this seasonal fusing day course and learn how to safely cut and shape glass to combine it into a variety of festive shapes for full-fusing or tack fusing, ready to hang on your tree or in your windows!
Working with fused glass is an adventure in colour, no previous experience is needed, just a willingness to play! This class is for adults over the age of 16 years old. (or for children from 12 years old if each child is also accompanied by a paying adult)
With a maximum of 6 students at a time there is the added benefit of more 1:1 attention during the day.
Together we will:
- Learn to cut fused glass safely and with confidence
- Explore a wide variety of decorative techniques we can apply to making our own individual festive decorations
- Use a wide range of glass media and inclusions including copper, mica, bubbles, frit, stringers, glass bobbles, dichroic glass (the beautiful jewel-like glass with reflective and refractive qualities).
- Understand how kiln firing and varying the temperature delivers differing results ( i.e. full fusing and tack fusing)
- Think through several different ways of hanging your decorations
- Learn where to buy your own supplies of tools and glass for the future
- Have fun dreaming up new combinations of glass to make your own ideas in glass!
If you love working with colour you will enjoy making and designing your own pieces, it isn’t difficult and the combinations are limitless. Come and surprise yourself at your own creativity!
The pieces we make will be fused overnight and you can either collect them from the studio by mutual arrangement (or we can post them out to you after the course for an additional fee of £15 for P+P if you prefer).
A great day out making gifts and beautiful decorations for your home!
Lunch: there are numerous lovely cafes in the area to frequent for lunch or alternatively please bring a packed lunch.
Please note: this course takes place in a working glass studio and not a classroom setting, so participants need to be able and prepared to stand to cut and prepare glass, and to work standing at benches. (Stools are available in between times). If you have any questions regarding mobility, please make contact via the "contact" page. Thank you.