Fused Glass Jewellery is an adventure in colour, light and sparkling dichroic glass! In this exciting day course we will develop skills in fused glass exploring a variety of decorative techniques to make our own totally individual pieces ready to be made into jewellery.
Together we will:
- Learn to cut and combine glass safely and with confidence.
- Learn about the different types of fused glass available and how to work with them
- Learn by sharing creative ideas in a supportive environment
- Learn to use a wide variety of glass media including copper, mica, stringers, millefiore, frit, bubbles and dichroic glass (the beautiful jewel-like glass with reflective and refractive qualities).
- Explore the use of decals on the surface of the glass and fusing at a variety of temperatures, including tack fusing.
- Provide you with information on where to buy your own supplies of tools and glass for the future.
- Learn about the process of kiln firing and the various effects that can be achieved at different temperatures.
- Plan and design jewellery findings on which to mount your pieces when fused. Jewellery findings and glue will be also provided.
There is a limit of 6 people per workshop enabling faster learning and lots of 1:1 attention. If you love working with colour you will enjoy making and designing your own pieces, it isn’t difficult and the combinations are limitless. Come and surprise yourself at your own creativity!
Please note: this course takes place in a working glass studio and not a classroom setting, so participants need to be able and prepared to stand to cut and prepare glass, and to work standing at benches. (Stools are available in between times). If you have any questions regarding mobility, please email me via the "contact" page. Thank you.